If you are an aspiring or experienced advertiser, you must have gone through the digital advertising trends to understand what is happening or expected to happen in the market and ways you can compete to win. Keeping up with the latest digital advertising trends is a necessity for those who want to make their name in the advertising industry.
As we see new trends in the digital advertising world, we also see every digital marketer constantly investing his energy and time to analyze those trends. Having a sound knowledge of the latest trends in digital advertising, new features, and working algorithms allows you to create the most effective advertising campaigns for your business.
What is digital advertising?
Digital advertising entails communication initiated by a brand to the leads and prospects. The main purpose of digital advertising is to promote the brand and its services while using different digital channels.
Trends in digital advertising
Although some trends stick year after year, the following digital advertising trends are improving modern businesses:
- Advocacy advertising: It is a strong yet effective tool for your social media campaigns. It includes persuading your loyal or existing customers to talk about your product or services online. More than 80% of the customers conduct market research before making a purchase. It is only fair to have your loyal customers promote and endorse your brand, products, and services.
- Omnichannel ads: It entails promoting your brand on different channels such as blogs, social media apps, and email. It helps marketers to connect multiple digital touchpoints, resulting in a bigger customer base.
- Social media commerce: People utilize social media for networking and entertainment. However, big brands have started uploading shoppable posts to promote social commerce. Most advertisers include social commerce as part of their optimization strategy to gain a high return on investment. Since the pandemic, the use of the Instagram Checkout feature has increased dramatically.
- No-click and position zero searches Zero positions improve the visibility of your business sites and also show your images or product descriptions on the top of SERP in response to the intent of the user.Featured snippets, also called no-click searches are easily detected by voice-activated assistants as well.
- Forming a TX strategy: The overall or total customer experience is important to add and measure. Forming a TX strategy includes gathering experiences from all disciplines and optimizing the user experience for improving revenue.
- Integrating a customer data system: Data must be organized and properly structured for the analysts to improve business growth. Badly organized data can cause a loss of more than $3 trillion at the macro level. A customer data system compiles the unstructured data from customers and sends it to other platforms in a distributed form.
- Social media adsWith almost 1.3 billion users of Facebook and 1.6 billion users of WhatsApp, we can easily determine that social media will be the most effective marketing tool by 2028. Facebook advertising produced 80 times more interactions as compared to website interactions.
- Personalization in business: A personalized customer experience increases brand loyalty by 80%. If you operate a B2B or a B2C company, personalization will improve your conversion rate significantly. Establish customer personas by using Identity Access Management tools.
- Conversational advertising entails having one-on-one interactions with the customers. More than 82% of the customers expect a prompt yet informational reply. Moreover, they prefer a personalized reply to improve the user experience.
- Video advertising can bring about a huge change in your conversion rate. The millennial generation prefers video ads combined with influencer marketing. More than 70% of the customers expect the brands to upload a product video.
- Use of digital technology: Keeping up with digital innovations and transformations is extremely essential to growing your business. Digital technology that we use now promotes peer-to-peer communication and data sharing. Digital technology opens the portal to improved automation in businesses. The brands now rely on Micro SaaS platforms to grow and thrive.Therefore, you must focus on hyper-local SEO instead of going global.
Best digital advertising tools
To take your digital advertising strategy to the next level, have the following software in your tool belt:
- HubSpot allows you to set up pop-up forms, web forms, free CRM software, and a live chatbot too. You can store your data in the CRM tool and analyze the users’ behavior on the site. The tool is specifically used to improve your ROI through inbound marketing, convert prospects, capture leads and grow website traffic.
- Ahrefs is an SEO tool that is great for competitive analysis. You can easily know about the customers linking to your competitors, the top pages of your competitors, and much more. Ahrefs has a Content gap tool, which is used to identify the weak areas in your website content.
- Proof integrates to your CRM tool or website and uses social media apps to boost your conversion rate. Social media proof can be viewed by data analysts in terms of views, likes, comments, clicks, and shares. Moreover, the Hot Streak notification feature improves your brand perception in front of prospects.
If you are caught up on the latest digital advertising trends, it is time to tackle your advertising problems with effective tools. Select the digital advertising tool that works best for your marketing goal and business structure to apply the trends for improves revenue and ROI.