Intent-based marketing is the process of directing campaigns to targeted users or buyers who have indicated an interest in a particular product or service. An intent marketing campaign develops tailored messages based on data about your ideal clients’ online behavior.
For marketers to successfully reach their clients, intent marketing is becoming a crucial technique. The secret to effective intent marketing is to use big data techniques to identify signs of intent and then use that information to your advantage.
With this information, you can better understand where buyers are in the sales funnel and how to hold their interest and turn them into paying users. Make a plan that will empower the company in understanding the customer at each stage of the sales funnel. A customer-centric approach begins with the buyer’s needs. Marketers can figure out buyer intent and decide where consumers are in the buyer’s journey with advanced data analytics software, which helps increase targeting.
Here Are Some Strategies You Can Use to Strengthen Your B2B Marketing Efforts
- Personalize and optimize the customer experience: Your customer experience can result in improved customer retention, satisfaction, and higher sales volumes. Investing in improving your customer experience seems like an excellent opportunity to invest in marketers. The key to designing a successful customer experience is annoying how your customers behave and their motivations. Planning it to meet personalized needs can positively provide you with an edge over your competition. As companies prefer satisfying purchasing experiences, optimizing it adds value to your company.
- Know your clients: Marketing to a business rather than individual customers can be a difficult task. Understanding your customers becomes increasingly challenging. However, identifying the key decision-makers and understanding their buying journey can help define success. Try to dig deep into understanding the logic and emotion and appealingly cater to them.
- Improve marketing performance: Measuring and tracking marketing efforts using legacy technologies was exceptionally hard. However, with the onset of big data analytics, marketers now have visibility into ad spends, consumer sentiment on social media channels, and digital behavior on the web. This allows marketers to grow their businesses and improve their marketing strategies.
- Tweak your landing page: Based on the intent data collected through internal properties, a marketer can understand the buyer’s motive and goal to be on the website. After determining these calls, you can redesign your landing page to make the customer touchpoint extremely accessible.You can provide CTA buttons like know more and chat with us if your intent data signals at your consumers’ awareness stage of the sales funnel. Deliver images and videos that will assist your B2B customer in achieving their objectives. Providing how-to graphics can be a great way to nudge your clients in the right direction.
- Switch up your keyword bid strategy: When you are making your ad word portfolio, rather than incorporating keywords that might have a higher volume to your industry and a low bid price, try to use keywords that match your buyer’s intent, even if it means a relatively higher bid price.This will lead to a greater return on investment for your paid marketing efforts. This is vital to incorporate in your B2B marketing strategies. Research has proven that decision-makers in businesses often do a lot of intensive research on their own before making a decision.
- Change your content game: It is no secret that all marketing strategies are heavily reliant on content. This is also the case with B2B intent marketing strategies. After carrying out thorough research of all the intent data you have collected through internal and external properties, your content should meet the needs that your research is pointing to. Suppose you realize that your clients could be at the stage of just being attracted to your proposition. Incorporate infographics, checklists, white papers, and industry reports in your content strategy. If you realize that your client or at the conversion stage, you can use content like product demos, reviews, and testimonials for better results.
Intent data will help you understand who your customers are and answer various other questions about their preferences. It allows marketers to understand their clients better and personalize the buyer’s journey in a meaningful manner.
This allows one to examine their consumers’ attitudes about a specific brand or communicate with websites. Utilizing this data can enable you to measure impacts on your marketing investments in a positive manner. It also promotes a healthy relationship with your clients as you are putting their needs first rather than ambushing them with promotional content.
To start using intent marketing strategies for optimal conversion success, connect with the team at Bython Media today.