Appointment setting plays an important role in account-based marketing. It is a process which should be initiated at a very early stage and is often the key to open the door for lead generation. Before moving ahead with sales plans and products, it is essential for companies to train their marketers to set and freeze appointments with prospective buyers.
Here are 5 reasons appointment setting is necessary:
1. Time is money: In today’s fast-paced society, prospective buyers hardly have a single minute to waste. Appointment setting reflects the importance of time for both the prospective buyer and the company that is trying to sell a service or product. It gives the latter a professional edge over the former. Setting an appointment keeps the company from wasting its time in meeting with someone who is not even interested in what is being offered.
2. Free and unpaid form of advertising: Appointment setting can be done by making a cold call or by sending an email for a request to meet. While the marketer proceeds with his or her spill, the name of the company is automatically being promoted. This is advertising which does not require a single penny to be paid.
3. Positive impact: Setting an appointment with a prospective buyer gives a positive image of the company in his or her mind. It shows that the company has a system and a process for approaching prospective buyers. It also shows that the company has courtesy for prospective buyers by respecting their time, instead of bombarding them with marketing and sales messages.
4. Aid in persuasion: Prospective buyers often hang up on sales calls because they misunderstand such calls to be a waste of time. But by requesting an appointment, prospective buyers often change their mind and move forward with a meeting. An appointment creates a positive psychological impact on the minds of prospective buyers, thus leading to lead generation.
5. Meet right prospect: Due to the large number of prospective buyers out there, there is always a chance that a company might land with a prospective buyer who might not match its product or service. But when an appointment is set, the right prospective buyer is almost always attained.
For more information on Inventive SMi’s Account-Based Appointment Setting service, click here.