Before we dive deeper into how to generate more leads for your business or organization, let’s first look at what a lead is. In very simple terms, a lead is anyone who fits your brand’s target demographic. In addition, they also carry the potential of converting into a paying customer.
So how do we find and reach out to such leads? That’s where lead generation plays its part. Lead generation is a strategy where you target a certain defined cohort to increase your leads.
These are done with the help of inbound and outbound strategies which often result in the consumer handing over their contact information. A key aspect here is the email addresses which can add great value to your campaign.
With the aid of tools like email newsletters, and email marketing campaigns generating email leads is a huge part of lead generation.
(For more information on lead generation, click over to TechFunnel.com.)
So Why is Email Lead Generation Important?
A study found that 72% of all adults in the US still prefer email communication over any other from brands. This makes email marketing the most effective tool to reach and lead generation. Another great factor with email is the low-cost of dissemination.
These two factors coupled together give enough reason why email lead generation should be a priority for businesses.
How to Create Your Email List?
Creating an email database from scratch can often seem like a daunting task. However, if done properly, this new beginning can be a hidden boon to every marketer.
With the help of great content on your blogs and social media pages, a subtle pop up which asks for the reader’s information can be a great start.
One needs to keep in mind to offer value in exchange for contact information to see high engagement. No reader voluntarily gives their information without any foreseeable benefit.
Along with that, make sure you’re subtle in how you ask for such information. Pushy and obvious efforts are often noticed by readers which can have a negative impact on their minds about your brand.
( Also Read: How to Hire a Lead Generation Agency )
Best Practices to Follow for Generating More Leads
Some best practices that should be followed while creating email strategies:
- The first and foremost thing you need to do while planning email lead generation is to track what your competitors are doing. This allows you to understand what you can do to gain an edge over them and garner more leads.
- Coming up with a drip-email campaign can allow you to constantly engage your leads. This also creates a higher recall and more potential for the lead to convert to a loyal base.
- An important factor in setting up a wide reach with your email lead generation campaign is automating your email efforts. This prevents a lot of manual work and allows you to focus on creating engaging and relevant content rather than focusing on the number of people it goes out to.
- Lead scoring is a unique method where you can judge the potential of a lead converting into an actual customer. During this process, you funnel which lead might find you more relevant than the others. This process is a win-win for both the brand and the clients as both offer value to one another.
- Your email campaign can only be successful if it is supported by great content. This is content that is engaging and delivers value to the reader.
- An often-missed element in many campaigns is a catchy email subject line. Readers are often flooded with promotional emails in their inbox. You can set yourself apart from the clutter with a bold and eye-catching subject line.
- An important part of your email content is some kind of CTA (call to action). This gives the reader a sense of direction about what to do next rather than just keeping on over to the next email. Thus, this enables a higher conversion rate.
- A great hack to grow your overall brand rate is doing cross-promotion on your email campaigns. Make a call to link your social media channels in your content body and vice versa. This can help increase traffic and engagement on both your social media channels and your email list. In addition, this can also help increase credibility.
- Creating a referral program with incentives like discounts and benefits can help increase genuine leads. However, while asking the reader to give a referral, make sure to offer them some sort of incentive that is worth their time and effort.
After taking an in-depth view of what email lead generation is and how it works, it is obvious how vastly it can add value to a business. From reaching out to the right audiences to creating loyal relationships, email leads are now more important than ever.